Nagios is comming up with a new non-free Version called NAGIOS XI
The prices are:
- Up to 50 nodes 595U$
- Up to 100 nodes 995U$
- Unlimited nodes 1,250U$
I think its sad to see such a amazing product become comercial, but the nagios core product will still be free. But I believe the developer team will be focus on the comercial version, wich is built on top of the nagios core (free) version, adding a really nice web interface and making it much easier to use.
- To test for 60 days, Download NagiosXI here
- Take a look at the video here
- More info on the features here
Going beyond basic IT monitoring capabilities, Nagios XI is an enterprise-class monitoring and alerting solution that provides organizations with extended insight of their IT infrastructure before problems affect critical business processes. Nagios XI provides organizations with many benefits, including:
- Comprehensive IT Infrastructure Monitoring: Provides monitoring of all mission-critical infrastructure components – including applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, systems metrics, and network infrastructure. Hundreds of third-party addons provide for monitoring of virtually all in-house applications, services, and systems.
- Visibility: Provides a central view of your entire IT operations network and business processes. Powerful dashboards provide at-a-glance access to powerful monitoring information and third-party data. Views provide users with quick access to the information they find most useful.
- Awareness: Alerts are sent to IT staff, business stakeholders, and end users via email or mobile text messages, providing them with outage details so they can start resolving issues immediately.
- Proactive Planning: Automated, integrated trending and capacity planning graphs allow organizations to plan for infrastructure upgrades before outdated systems catch them by surprise.
- Customizability: A powerful GUI provides for customization of layout, design, and preferences on a per-user basis, giving your customers and team members the flexibility they want.
- Ease of Use: Integrated web-based configuration interface lets admins hand out control of managing monitoring configuration, system settings, and more to end users and team members easily. Configuration wizards guide users through the process of monitoring new devices, services, and applications – all without having to understand complex monitoring concepts.
- Multi-Tenant Capabilities: Multi-user access to web interface allows stakeholders to view relevant infrastructure status. User-specific views ensures clients only see the infrastructure components they’re authorized for. Advanced user management simplifies administration by allowing you to mange user accounts easily. Provision new user accounts with a few clicks and users automatically receive an email with their login credentials.
- Extendable Architecture: Multiple APIs provide for simple integration with in-house and third-party applications. Hundreds of community-developed addons extend monitoring and native alerting functionality. Custom interface and addon development is available to tailor Nagios XI to meet your organization’s exact needs.
Architecture is important both for scalability and longevity, and we didn’t take any shortcuts with design on Nagios XI. We designed XI to be flexible enough to meet a variety of customer’s needs, with both long-term growth and innovation in mind.
Nagios System Builders can leverage the XI architecture to their advantage, allowing them to deliver value-added solutions with the licensing flexibility they require.
Solid Open Source Core
We designed Nagios XI to take full advantage of the power of well-known, rock-solid Open Source components. With over ten years of experience in the OSS monitoring space, we know great stuff when we see it. There’s some serious power under the hood of Nagios XI, and our architecture allows you continue to access and modify low-level OSS components to meet your organization’s requirements.
We built XI on a solid foundation of proven, core Open Source components, including:
- Nagios Core provides the primary monitoring and alerting engine
- NRPE and NSCA provide legacy inter-connects for remote monitoring and distributed monitoring
- NDOUtils provides a database backend for the monitoring engine
- PNP integration provides automatic, RRD-based performance and trending graphs
- NagiosQL provides the basis for our new monitoring engine configuration UI